What’s more decadent than pancakes? You smeared syrup and butter on them when you were a kid. Later you discovered chocolate chips and whip cream!
What if you could make healthy pancakes that don’t wreck your daily meal plan?
Here’s a recipe for a healthy and delicious pancake with no butter, no oil, no dairy, and no gluten. It only has 7 ingredients and can be made in 30 seconds in a blender. Doesn’t get any easier!
Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk unsweetened
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Banana
- 2 Tablespoons 100% Real Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla optional
- In a blender, pour in SILK Almond Milk, eggs, egg white, banana, maple syrup, vanilla (optional), rolled oats, baking powder and salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Once warmed, spray with non-stick cooking spray or place coconut oil or butter in skillet. Pour pancake batter into skillet in round circles.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on one side. Turn over and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Drizzle with real maple syrup and toppings of choice.
Here are some topping choices. You may want to be a little careful here. The toppings are where people tend to go off the rails. You can make this healthy pancake a calories bomb if you’re not careful!
- Fresh Berries
- Real Maple Syrup
- Chocolate Chips
- Fresh Banana Slices
- Sliced Almonds
How many calories does the Banana Oatmeal Pancake have?
One pancake has 85 calories with 14g coming from carbohydrates. You can cook it without the maple syrup if you don’t want the added sugar. It will probably taste bland, but you’re not going to care if you’re on the low carb path. You’re used to simpler food already.